Certificate Processing Information
A graduate certificate comprises a linked series
of credit-bearing graduate courses that constitute a coherent body of study.
Graduate certificates are designed to enhance the education of matriculated
graduate and professional students or to provide continuing education to
There are many advantages to certificates. Among these:
- Certificates help meet the needs of the community in a flexible and
- Certificates are a useful recruitment tool for degree programs and
they may increase diversity.
- Certificates attract international students. In general, F-1
visas are not available to non-degree students; the establishment of
formal certificates would allow us to bring in more international students.
- Certificates offer opportunities for distance learning.
- Graduate certificates not only produce significant tuition, they are
often candidates for program fees.
- Certificates encourage innovation and may serve as incubators for new
- Certificates encourage interdisciplinary work.
- Certificates are excellent public relations tools and are popular with
For assistance please contact: Nancy Lindsay, email@example.com,
626-1930 or Dianne Horgan, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Policies and Procedures for
Official University of Arizona